Game changer in the world of Gas Analysis
MultiSense module is a OEM multigas on line analyser for industrial use, specifically designed to meet the expectations of integrators, gas system manufacturers, gas analyser manufacturers…
This module is based on photoacoustic spectroscopy using the mirSense patented Quantum Cascade Laser (mid-IR wavelengths).
The target molecules are illuminated with a QCL laser at a specific wavelength – one laser per molecule – and then absorb laser energy according to Beer-Lambert’s law. The gases will then expand and compress, creating a sound wave that is easily picked up with a microphone.
Gases such as H2O, NH3, CO, CO2, NO, NO2, N2O, CH4, SF6 and CF4 (SO2 and benzene) can be simultaneously detected in real time at ppm, even ppb trace concentrations, levelling up to percent, with a high level of specificity / reliability.
|H2O||0.2 – 1 000 ppm||0.2 ppm||<1 %|
|NO||0.5 – 1000 ppm||0.5 ppm||<1 %|
|NO2||0.5 – 1000 ppm||0.5 ppm||<1 %|
|N2O||0.15 – 100 ppm||0.15 ppm||<1%|
|NH3||0.05 – 100 ppm||0.05 ppm||<1 %|
|CO||0.1 – 100 ppm||0.1 ppm||<1 %|
|CO2||1 – 4 000 ppm||1 ppm||<1 %|
|CH4||0.4 – 500 ppm||0.4 ppm||<1 %|
|SF6||0.02 – 150 ppm||0.02 ppm||<1%|
*Indicative values, depending on application/gas matrix – ** 3 G, 60 s integration time – *** % of the measured value or LOD
Benefits of the multiSense :
- The combination of a low volume gas cell (1 ml only) and low gas consumption (<80 ml/min) translates into a fast response time (seconds), low fouling and reduced environmental footprint.
- This technology does not use any optics (mirrors, photodiode, etc.), does not feature any moving parts, leading to a highly robust sensor, suitable for use in industrial conditions (vibrations, dust, …..)
- The components miniaturization (QCL lasers, gas chamber & microphone) and simple bloc architecture makes the sensor very compact (17 x 11 x 11 cm), easy to integrate and therefore suitable for portable applications.
- On the maintenance side, the gas sensor does not require any consumables. The only spare part is the gas cell, which is very easy to replace and requires only recalibration, leading to a very low cost of ownership.
- Finally, the sensor comes with a user friendly software driving / calibrating the module, and visualizing the measurements, by modbus RTU communication protocol. A remote access is also possible.
- The use of miniaturized and cost effective components (mirSense QCL lasers and microphone) makes the multiSense an affordable solution for a wide range of industrial and environmental applications.
Typical applications :
- Industrial processes (natural gas, biogas, gas purity, various gas streams…)
- Air (Leak detection, air quality…)
- Emissions (DeNOx, Flue gas treatment, CEM’s)
The multiSense multigas analyser bridges the gap between :
- High measurement performances
- Simplicity / compacity & robustness
- Cost efficiency
Download multiSense technical sheet
Any question ?
Ask David Chauvel
David is our sales director, in charge of gas analysers